8 December 2020
Quantum Alliance researchers are named on the annual Highly Cited Researchers™ 2020 list from Clarivate.
The highly anticipated annual list identifies researchers who demonstrated significant influence in their chosen field or fields through the publication of multiple highly cited papers during the last decade. Their names are drawn from the publications that rank in the top 1% by citations for field and publication year in the Web of Science™ citation index. More than 6,000 researchers, in 21 fields of the sciences and social sciences, and cross field categories were selected based on the number of highly cited papers they produced over an 11-year period from January 2009 to December 2019.
The methodology that determines the “who’s who” of influential researchers draws on the data and analysis performed by bibliometric experts and data scientists at the Institute for Scientific Information™ at Clarivate. It also uses the tallies to identify the countries and research institutions where these scientific elite are based.
CUI: Advanced Imaging of Matter
- Prof. Dr. Henry N. Chapman - leading scientist at DESY, Universität Hamburg
Center for Free-Electron Laser Science
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang J. Parak - Universität Hamburg
Prof. Dr. Yoichi Ando - University of Cologne, ML4Q Speaker
Topological materials and Nanofabrication
Prof. Dr. Immanuel Bloch - Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich, Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics, MCQST Speaker
Quantum many body systems
Prof. Dr. J. Ignacio Cirac - Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics, Technical University Munich, MCQST Speaker
Quantum Information Theory
Prof. Dr. Theodor Hänsch -Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich and Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics
Laser Spectroscopy and Quantum Physics
- Prof. Dr. Harald Giessen, University of Stuttgart, 4th Institute of Physics, IQST Fellow
- Prof. Dr. Fedor Jelezko, Ulm University, Institute of Quantum Optics, IQST Board
Quantum technologies and hybrid quantum systems
- Prof. Dr. Bernhard Keimer, MPI for Solid State Research Stuttgart, IQST Board
Solid State Spectroscopy
- Prof. Dr. Martin Plenio, Ulm University, Institute of Theoretical Physics, IQST Fellow
Quantum Information Processing
- Prof. Dr. Jörg Wrachtrup, University of Stuttgart, 3rd Institute of Physics, IQST Board